Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Director
Summary: Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
• Observes mechanical devices in operation listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
• Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
• Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
• Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
• Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
• Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
• Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.