Mechanical Engineering Intern
We’re growing, and you can grow with us! WireTech Fabricators is a leading supplier of custom fabricated wire products for many different industries.
WireTech Fabricators is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Intern. As an Intern you will work closely with.the Operations and Engineering teams to increase efficiencies in our manufacturing process.
The chosen candidate must be able to work at least 20 hours per week during the time frame of Monday through Thursday 7 AM – 5 PM
What we need you to DO:
- Cycle testing of engineered concepts to evaluate and qualify designs
- Document testing processes and results
- Optimize existing machined wire molded parts
- Interact with production personnel, vendors, managers, and others
- Perform research on various topics as needed to help make strategic product design decisions
- Maintain regular and consistent job attendance
- Other duties as assigned
What we like about YOU:
- Mechanical fabrication and assembly skills (use of relevant hand-tools, etc.).
- Experience with standard manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience with mechanical systems
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- A team player and self-motivator
Education and/or experience:
- Students pursuing their BS degree in Mechanical Engineering who are currently in their junior or senior year from an accredited university
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with ERP systems, specifically WorkWise
WireTech Fabricators is committed to a policy of equal opportunity employment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
and bring it and/or your resume to our office, or Email it to Careers@wiretechfab.com