Tool & Die Maker Apprentice
We need a Tooling and Die Maker apprentice. As an Apprentice you will to work with
us in training to build the skills needed to become a competent journeyman status toolmaker. Work with a team of experienced mold makers in a manufacturing environment.
We are looking for an individual with technical aptitude and the desire the learn new skillsets in a Tool Room environment. Plus, you only have to work 4 days a week (10 hours per day).
We’re growing, and you can grow with us! WireTech Fabricators is a leading supplier of custom fabricated wire products for many different industries.
- We have a great working environment, and a supportive leadership team 4-day work weeks, meaning 3-day weekends with friends and family.
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401k, and no co-pay urgent care
- On-site training programs
- Opportunity to grow within the company
What we need you to DO:
- Assemble and disassemble tooling using hand tools.
- Ability to use root cause analysis to determine how a mold failed and what improvements are requirement to prevent recurrence.
- Modify tooling and communicate changes to engineering for documentation.
- Read and work from drawings.
- Set up and operate all tool room equipment needed to fabricate required components.
- Identify common components that require replacement and place orders with approved vendors.
- Work with molds.
- Work individually or in teams depending on scope of work.
- Work with and receive training from tool and die makers, engineering, technicians.
What we like about YOU:
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to read drawings
Education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years machinist experience minimum
- Basic computer literacy including Windows, MS Office, ERP software
- Ability to work with precision measuring instrumentation
- ability to work with tool room equipment including mills, lathes, grinders, tool sharpeners, cut off saws
- You are physically able to stand, walk, and sit, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
WireTech Fabricators is committed to a policy of equal opportunity employment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
and bring it and/or your resume to our office, or Email it to Careers@wiretechfab.com