Tool & Die Maker Apprentice
We need a Tooling and Die Maker apprentice. As an Apprentice you will to work with
us in training to build the skills needed to become a competent journeyman status toolmaker. Work with a team of experienced mold makers in a manufacturing environment.
We are looking for an individual with technical aptitude and the desire the learn new skillsets in a Tool Room environment. Plus, you only have to work 4 days a week (10 hours per day).
We’re growing, and you can grow with us! WireTech Fabricators is a leading supplier of custom fabricated wire products for many different industries.
- We have a great working environment, and a supportive leadership team 4-day work weeks, meaning 3-day weekends with friends and family.
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401k, and no co-pay urgent care
- On-site training programs
- Opportunity to grow within the company
What we need you to DO:
- Assemble and disassemble tooling using hand tools.
- Ability to use root cause analysis to determine how a mold failed and what improvements are requirement to prevent recurrence.
- Modify tooling and communicate changes to engineering for documentation.
- Read and work from drawings.
- Set up and operate all tool room equipment needed to fabricate required components.
- Identify common components that require replacement and place orders with approved vendors.
- Work with molds.
- Work individually or in teams depending on scope of work.
- Work with and receive training from tool and die makers, engineering, technicians.
What we like about YOU:
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to read drawings
Education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years machinist experience minimum
- Basic computer literacy including Windows, MS Office, ERP software
- Ability to work with precision measuring instrumentation
- ability to work with tool room equipment including mills, lathes, grinders, tool sharpeners, cut off saws
- You are physically able to stand, walk, and sit, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
WireTech Fabricators is committed to a policy of equal opportunity employment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for the job
Thank you! Your submission has been received! You will hear back from us soon!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.